Tuesday 8 January 2013

Talons - Hollow Realm

About time I got round to putting this up in here. A five piece from around the UK, Talons are probably my favourite post rock band, I haven't heard anything better on record or in live performance and I mean it. For me post rock should be what the term was originally termed for - rock instrumentation in a non rock composition.. A pretty massive scope there to incorporate a lot, something Talons do spot on. Post rock shouldn't be an excuse to try and bore any one that listens to it to death, it can be so much! These really seamless incorporate so many rock influences here into something really special. If you get a chance to see them play DO IT you will wet yourself, seriously I saw these support Toe in the summer in London, and they were the only band there that made them look a bit "ordinary" and seriously everyone that played that gig were Awesome (the line up was insane).. Bit of a rant I know but post rock is an area I feel a lot of bands could try a lot harder in and for me these personify how it should be done. So if you haven't already got on this do yourself a favour. Post rock with no dull moments, what a winner. LamebookBndcmpHollow Realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment