Wednesday 17 April 2013

Physics House Band - Horizons / Rapture

Had a lucky escape this week from my laptop dying on me and trying to take with it my music collection! Would not have been a happy bunny..

Anyway on to business. I have been much anticipating the release of this record as have many people from the looks of things. Chances are you've already checked these guys out and are familiar with their brand of Jazz fusion with it's incorporation of math rock and prog styles in places. OK so I guess the big question is was it worth the wait and did it live up to expectations?? Well... Yes and No. Just let me elaborate on this a mo. This is a record that in places is pretty darn mind blowing, and is generally technically spot on. But I do have to say that in agreement with other honest reviewers there are filler tracks and yes to me they do seem to not fulfil their purpose of connecting the different parts of the record together, I'd probably go as far to say that they actually break the flow of the record breaking up it's energy and drag for me.

So the bottom line for me is this, the tracks that have been floating around the net a while are still awesome but every time I play this I will be making use of the skip button.. I really wanted to be blown away by this and really wanted to do a glowing review, maybe that's part of the disappointment for me. At the end of the day it is definitely  worth the £4 fee and I will be checking their next release and still hold out much hope of it being mind blowing they defo have it in them it's a first pop. Abraxical Solapse is just killer btw. Horizons / Rapture

No comments:

Post a Comment